Looking to Expand Your Horizons as a Stepping Stones Teacher?
Apply for the opportunity to travel to Nepal with Teachers2Teachers Global and ORIGO Education for the professional learning experience of a lifetime!
Join ORIGO Founder and CEO, James Burnett, along with a group of experienced educators for the opportunity to share your expertise, collaborate with local educators, and help make mathematics meaningful, enjoyable, and accessible for all!
T2T Global is a global non-profit organization with a mission to empower teachers and their students worldwide through STEM education.
Committed to connecting talented educators from different countries, its aim is to foster partnerships and provide learning opportunities for teachers to create culturally relevant education solutions for their own classrooms.
T2TGlobal takes teams of skilled educators to schools in their partner countries to work and learn from local teachers, and also collaborate on how to best adapt STEM lessons to their cultural context.
The experience leaves in-country and visiting educators with new approaches for integrating STEM and culture into their classrooms.
The successful applicant will join Founder and CEO of ORIGO Education James Burnett, along with a small group of US-based experienced educators in and around Kathmandu, Nepal, for 7 days (May 23 - 31, 2019).
Your first two days will be culture-based exploration. Next, you’ll observe classes and present workshops and demonstration lessons for local teachers. You will have time to enjoy the stunning scenery of the cities of Kathmandu and Pokhara, before returning home to share your experience with your own students.
As our guest, ORIGO Education will cover the cost of your return flights and the experience, which includes activities and accommodation.
How To Apply
If you would like to apply for the opportunity to be the Stepping Stones teacher accompanying T2TGlobal and ORIGO Education to Nepal, please refer to and complete the application steps detailed below.
We are committed to making this experience as worthwhile and enjoyable as possible for the successful applicant. This is why we’ve developed a set of criteria to help you understand what the judging panel is looking for. Please consider the below points before you begin.
The successful applicant will be:
- An experienced elementary (K-6) classroom teacher, or elementary math/instructional coach with a proven history of teaching the Stepping Stones program in their mathematics lessons.
- An enthusiastic advocate of the ORIGO approach to learning.
- An individual with the ability to think on their feet and at ease when communicating with groups of people.
- Comfortable with documenting their trip.
To apply, please complete the following:
- Record a short (less than five minute) video of yourself responding to the below questions:*
Tell us about yourself. What is your teaching experience and what do you most enjoy about your profession?
What inspires you most about the ORIGO approach to learning?
What excites you most about the opportunity to share your expertise with teachers in Nepal?
- Obtain a written letter of support/endorsement from your school's Principal/Senior Teacher.
- Complete the form below and submit your application. (The form provides an opportunity to attach your video and letter of endorsement.)
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY APRIL 19, 2019.
If you have any problems or questions about your application, please contact Catherine Brooks at email@example.com.
*Note: We do not require a professionally produced video. A recording from a smartphone is acceptable, but we must be able to see and hear you clearly.
- Please refer to the T2TGlobal Nepal Travel and Safety Guide before applying.
- The successful applicant will require a current US passport that is valid for AT LEAST 6 months. US nationals can obtain a tourist visa on arrival under same requirements detailed in the T2TGlobal ‘Travel and Safety Guide’ Alternatively, an online application can be completed for a Nepalese visa via The Nepal Dept of Immigration website https://online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/tourist-visa
- The successful applicant will be required to purchase adequate travel insurance to cover the entire trip.
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain recommended immunisations for travel to Nepal. Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend appropriate immunisations here.
- Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of this competition here.