Two different models can be used to represent division: partition (sharing) and quotition (grouping). A Bear’s Share introduces the partition model for division.
These whole-class activities provide students with the opportunity to:
- listen to a story about splitting a dividend into equal groups
- use materials to act out sharing situations
- use the Teaching Tool to act out sharing situations
- split a dividend between a different number of divisors
- find division number facts
- write a story about sharing into equal groups