Clowning Around introduces the collection and representation of data. From this introduction, students undertake their own investigations and decide how to sort and display data.
These whole-class activities provide students with the opportunity to:
- listen to a story about collecting and representing data
- use a tally chart to collect data
- use materials to represent data
- use the Teaching Tool to represent data
- participate in real-world data investigations
- explore one-to-many relationships