Big Books Look and See introduces three-dimensional objects for the cube, cylinder, rectangular prism, cone, pyramid, and sphere. Students identify and describe 3D objects in the environment around them. They talk about the characteristics of these objects using terms such as flat, curved, roll, and stack.
These whole-class/ large group and small-group activities provide students with the opportunity to:
- listen to a story about 3D objects
- listen to the accompanying tune
- use materials to identify and describe objects that have three dimensions
- use the teaching tool to identify, describe, match, sort, and compare 3D objects
- represent 3D objects using real-life materials from the environment