Polly Loves Puzzles introduces counting objects from one to ten. Students recognize collections of objects organised in different arrangements. They count and manipulate concrete materials and pictorial representations of one to ten as composite parts of a collection and as a total collection.
These whole-class/large group and small group activities provide students with the opportunity to:
- listen to a story about counting groups
- listen to the accompanying story tune
- use materials to explore counting groups
- use the teaching tool to represent quantity
- represent quantities using objects in the environment