Sweet Dreams develops fluency in counting quantities to ten. Several counting principles are developed.
These include: the one-to-one rule, the cardinality rule and the order of irrelevance rule. These activities provide students with the opportunity to:
- listen to a story about counting quantities 1–10
- use concrete materials to represent and count quantities 1–10
- use the Teaching Tool to represent and count quantities 1–10
- show different arrangements of the same quantity
- mix-and-match numerals, number words and pictures
- count on and back from any starting number 1–10