Apply for the opportunity to travel to Tanzania with Teachers2Teachers Global and ORIGO Education for the professional learning experience of a lifetime!
Join ORIGO Director of Professional Learning, Dr. Sara Delano Moore, along with a group of experienced educators for the opportunity to share your expertise, collaborate with local educators, and help make mathematics meaningful, enjoyable, and accessible for all!
T2T Global is a global non-profit organisation with a mission to empower teachers and their students worldwide through STEM education.
Committed to connecting talented educators from different countries, its aim is to foster partnerships and provide learning opportunities for teachers to create culturally relevant education solutions for their own classrooms.
T2TGlobal takes teams of skilled educators to schools in their partner countries to work and learn from local teachers, and also collaborate on how to best adapt STEM lessons to their cultural context.
The experience leaves in-country and visiting educators with new approaches for integrating STEM and culture into their classrooms.
The successful applicant will join ORIGO Director of Professional Learning, Dr. Sara Delano Moore, along with a small group of experienced educators in and around Arusha, Tanzania, for 8 days from Jan 18th to Jan 26th, 2020.
Fly into Kilimanjaro International Airport, meet your hosts, Jifundishe, and settle into their grounds.
The first week in local schools will allow you to use your teaching skills in collaboration with local educators. Based on what their learning goals are, you will discuss and demonstrate student-centered strategies while integrating the local culture.
Spend the last part of your trip experiencing what makes Africa such a magical place. Visit game reserves nearby that contain stunning landscapes as well as animals like giraffes, Cape buffalo, zebras, warthogs, monkeys, flamingos and elephants, before flying home to share your experience with your school.
As our guest, ORIGO Education will cover the cost of your return flights and the experience, which includes activities and accommodation.
How To Apply
If you would like to apply for the opportunity to be the Stepping Stones teacher accompanying T2TGlobal and ORIGO Education to Tanzania, please refer to and complete the application steps detailed below.
We are committed to making this experience as worthwhile and enjoyable as possible for the successful applicant. This is why we’ve developed a set of criteria to help you understand what the judging panel is looking for. Please consider the below points before you begin.
The successful applicant will be:
- An experienced primary (F-6) classroom teacher, or primary maths coach with a proven history of teaching the Stepping Stones program in their mathematics lessons.
- An enthusiastic advocate of the ORIGO approach to learning.
- An individual with the ability to think on their feet and at ease when communicating with groups of people.
- Comfortable with documenting their trip.
The Application Process
To apply, please complete the following:
- Record a short (less than five minute) video of yourself responding to the below questions:*
Tell us about yourself. What is your teaching experience and what do you most enjoy about your profession?
What inspires you most about the ORIGO approach to learning?
What excites you most about the opportunity to share your expertise with teachers in Tanzania?
- Obtain a written letter of support/endorsement from your school's Principal/Senior Teacher.
- Complete the form below and submit your application. (The form provides an opportunity to attach your video and letter of endorsement.)
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS December 15, 2019.
If you have any problems or questions about your application, please contact Catherine Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note: We do not require a professionally produced video. A recording from a smartphone is acceptable, but we must be able to see and hear you clearly.
- The successful applicant will require a current passport that is valid for AT LEAST 6 months. AUS nationals can obtain a tourist visa through an online application here: https://eservices.immigration.go.tz/visa/
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain recommended immunisations for travel to Tanzania. Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend appropriate immunisations here.
- Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of this competition here.