Developing the Concepts and Skills of Common Fractions with James Burnett
In September 2020, James Burnett presented a 6-part webinar series titled: Developing the Concepts and Skills of Common Fractions.
The series focused on the below topics:
- Using multiple fraction representations to build a foundation of success in mathematics
- Exploring the early ideas of fractions that are essential for success in mathematics
- Exploring four different interpretations of fractions that should be covered in primary school
- Naming and relating the types of fractions
- Exploring the strategies for comparing common fractions in primary school
- Exploring equivalence and the operations of fractions
If you missed the series, enter your details below to access the recordings and resources for each session.